Taco salads are one of those versatile meals.
Is it lunch? It it dinner? Is it supper? Yes, it's all of the above.
1 lb Thankful Harvest ground beef
2-3 TBSP taco seasoning (use your favorite or see my recipe at the bottom)
Toppings: avocado, black olives, red onion, sweet peppers, kidney/black/pinto beans, shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips and anything else your heart desires
Salsa + Sour Cream or French Dressing
- Brown ground beef, and add taco seasoning.
- Tear lettuce into pieces, and place a large handful onto a plate or bowl
- Top with a scoopful of the ground beef
- Add a variety of your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Alterations: try with chopped, cooked chicken and lime juice for a twist.
Taco seasoning recipe
Add to a small glass jar the following:
- 2 large spoonfuls: chili powder
- 1 large spoonful each: cumin, paprika
- 1 small spoonful each: oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper
- 1 dash each: cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes
Shake and store in a sealed jar or other container.